These are a sample of the wide variety of projects I have been involved with over the years. I will add a few more examples soon:
- Creating an online map with detailed information for non specialists to explore New Zealand’s rock outcrops and landforms. Check out GeoTrips
- A sample of the 160+ science videos I created as a science communicator for New Zealand’s government geoscience research institute: GNS Science Videos
- I have been involved in the production and presentation of TV Documentaries about New Zealand’s geology.
- Several glacier research expeditions to the Southern Alps involving high school students: Roping Students into Science
- I project managed an investigation to drill for Ice Cores in New Zealand
- A summer at McMurdo station on Ross Island, embedded as a science communicator with the ANDRILL MIS drilling in 2006. in Antarctica with ANDRILL
- A lot of people dream of visiting Antarctica some day. My first visit was as a field assistant on a seismic survey of the McMurdo Ice Shelf. Antarctica Fieldy